High Shear Mixing FAQs
Q: We produce a number of different products: can I use a Silverson for more than one application?
A: The advantage of the Silverson approach to mixing is that any one machine can perform the duties that in the past may have required several different pieces of process equipment. Interchangeable workheads allow our mixers to mix, emulsify, homogenize, disintegrate, solubilize, reduce particle size and accelerate reactions. The simple, robust construction is designed for minimized maintenance and cleaning, and our Ultramix and In-Line ranges are designed for Cleaning-In-Place, ideal for applications where quick turnaround between batches is required.
- How can I get rid of agglomerates in my mix?
- Does Silverson sell used equipment?
- When would you choose an In-Line mixer over a static mixer?
- When would you choose an In-Line mixer over a Batch machine?
- Single- or triple-stage In-Line Mixers; which is best?
- Is there a formula for scale-up?
- How can I mix without incorporating air?
- What particle size can I achieve with a Silverson High Shear mixer?
- What droplet/globule size can I achieve when forming an emulsion?
- What is the difference between an In-Line mixer and a shear pump
- Where can I see a Silverson High Shear mixer in action?
- Are Silverson mixers 3-A approved?
- Does Silverson offer worldwide support?
- Can Silverson offer mixers for sanitary duties?
- I’m developing a new product – how can I be sure my mixing process is going to work?
- We produce a number of different products: can I use a Silverson for more than one application?
- Why use a high shear mixer rather than a simple agitator?