High Shear Mixing FAQs
Q: I’m developing a new product – how can I be sure my mixing process is going to work?
A: At Silverson, our approach is “try before you buy.” Our reps will be happy to carry out laboratory scale trials at your site or you can visit us or send your materials in to our testing facility in East Longmeadow, MA. These are available for clients to test their products on any of our mixers for free and discuss, in confidence, their process requirements. We also have a large fleet of laboratory and production scale rental machines available for client use – the initial trial period is free! We will work with you to develop the best mixing process for your product and ensure that you can mix it right, first time, every time.
- How can I get rid of agglomerates in my mix?
- Does Silverson sell used equipment?
- When would you choose an In-Line mixer over a static mixer?
- When would you choose an In-Line mixer over a Batch machine?
- Single- or triple-stage In-Line Mixers; which is best?
- Is there a formula for scale-up?
- How can I mix without incorporating air?
- What particle size can I achieve with a Silverson High Shear mixer?
- What droplet/globule size can I achieve when forming an emulsion?
- What is the difference between an In-Line mixer and a shear pump
- Where can I see a Silverson High Shear mixer in action?
- Are Silverson mixers 3-A approved?
- Does Silverson offer worldwide support?
- Can Silverson offer mixers for sanitary duties?
- I’m developing a new product – how can I be sure my mixing process is going to work?
- We produce a number of different products: can I use a Silverson for more than one application?
- Why use a high shear mixer rather than a simple agitator?